The below guidelines are to ensure that your experiences with Definition Health Club are enjoyable, trouble free and safe. Please read them carefully and if you have any questions or require further assistance do not hesitate in contacting one of our friendly staff either via phone or at the front desk; we are always more than happy to help you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RISK, INJURY & OBLIGATIONS
- I understand that participation in any activity that I undertake, could be dangerous and could result in injury including physically, mentally or fatally;
- Other occupants of the health club may cause me injury or may damage my property;
- I may cause injury or may damage other occupant’s property;
- Personal property of mine may be lost or damaged;
- There may be no or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of my if I am injured;
- I acknowledge all risks and take full responsibility for any injury, death or property damage resulting from participating in any or all aspects of the gym;
- I release, indemnify and hold harmless Definition Health Club, and all its current staff and members in the event of an injury, lost or damaged property and death to me whether by negligence and or breach of contract in any form whatsoever;
- Please report all faulty and/or damaged equipment to centre staff as a safety precaution
- Definition Health Club has the right to revoke your membership at Management’s discretion
- ADMINISTRATION, ATTIRE & CONFIDENTIALITY
- This agreement is subject to a 48 hour cooling off period; however Definition Health Club has chosen to provide a 7 day cooling off period. (minus the $60.00 administration fee);
- Any cancellations whilst under contract will incur a $150.00 cancellation fee.
- I understand there is a one off administration fee of $60.00 to be paid in full at the time of a new membership agreement being signed, this fee will not be reimbursed even if the member terminates the agreement during the cooling-off period or for any other reason;
- Appropriate covered footwear & a shirt must be worn and sweat towels must be used at all times whilst in the gymnasium; failure to comply will result in refused entry
- All weights and equipment must be used in the appropriate manner they are in tendered for and must be put away after use;
- Each member must respect other gym users and behave appropriately at all times;
- No one under the age of sixteen years is permitted to enter the gymnasium without a legal guardian;
- In the course of business we will obtain confidential information about yourself; including but not limited to contact details, bank details and fitness levels;
- Your personal details along with all other gym users will be held in the highest confidence and at no time will openly be discussed with other occupants of the gym;
TERM MEMBERSHIPS & DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERSHIPS
- The choice of Membership Terms includes; 12 month prepaid, 12 month direct debit, monthly prepaid or monthly direct debit. All Memberships will include a start and end date;
- Definition Health Club offers a membership which may go beyond 12 months under a direct debit agreement. This is classed as an ongoing membership agreement. The agreement will continue until either you or the supplier terminates it in the way described in the agreement. If an automatic debit arrangement is in place, membership fees will continue to be debited from your credit card or account until you or your fitness centre cancels the arrangement by notifying your bank or credit provider. If you terminate the agreement or stop the automatic debt arrangement in a manner not described in the agreement, then you may be liable to the fitness centre for damages for breach of contract.
- Membership agreement prepayments are limited to 12 months in length;
- Memberships are not refundable or transferable;
- Direct Debit is an automatic deduction from a debit or credit card through DebitSuccess the chosen Direct Debit Billing Service, this is an ongoing membership and deductions will be maintained unless the member provides written authorization to cancel the direct debit;
- Please be aware that funds need to be available for direct debit on the due date or late fees may occur
- To cancel a direct debit membership, the member must complete a direct debit cancellation request form and lodge it with frontline management immediately;
- If you wish to cancel your Direct Debit or pre-paid membership at any time, 1 months notice will be required before payments are ceased;
- If you terminate the agreement or stop the automatic debit arrangement in a manner not described in the
- agreement, then you may be liable for damages for breach of contract;
- The minimum term of a Direct Debit Monthly Membership is 3 months;
- A member may suspend their membership for a minimum of 4 weeks and a maximum term of 3 months as long as a start and finish date is specified, early activation is allowed; this also only applies to a member on a current 12 month membership
- If a member chooses to exceed the 3 month membership suspension time; a fee of $5.00 per extra week will be charged.
- A member is entitled to one 3 month membership suspension in the duration of a year;
- To suspend a membership the member must complete a suspension form and lodge it with frontline management along with documentation supporting the reason for suspension.
ACCESS TAGS & PROMOTIONAL STARTER PACK
- Promotional products are subject to availability and change at any given moment;
- Gym members are responsible for their own access tag. Shared gym access with a non-member will result in automatic termination of membership;
- All members must bring their access card on each visit;
- An ID photo is taken and will be used as a security measurement when access tag is scanned;
- All members must register their attendance by swiping their access tag with frontline management prior to entering the facility;
- Members can obtain a replacement access tag if it is lost or stolen, replacement tags are available from front desk at a cost determined at time of inquiry;
- If an access tag is faulty a replacement tag will be issued at no cost to the member upon return of the original faulty tag
The below terms are in addition to the original Terms and Conditions that you signed at the time of first becoming a member of Definition Health Club. The additions are purely based around your 24/7 access.
Please read the below guidelines carefully and if you have any questions or require further assistance do not hesitate in contacting one of our friendly staff either via phone, email or directly at the front desk; we are always more than happy to help you.
RISK, INJURY & OBLIGATIONS
- A member under the age of 16 years old will not be issued a 24/7 Access Swipe Card;
- ID may be asked to be provided at management’s discretion;
- Unstaffed Hours Gym operates on a 24/7 basis and is accessible by members during unstaffed hours. As a member utilising the Facilities you acknowledge that you enter and use the Facilities at your own risk. If you feel there is a risk to your personal property, health and safety or you have any other concerns regarding the undue effect of exercising in an unstaffed facility, then DO NOT sign this Agreement;
- A member is subject to a $150 penalty fee in the event that any “Duress” alarm system is activated for any reason other than an emergency;
- Definition Health Club reserves the right to determine whether the activation was a valid emergency or not;
- Duress Pendants will be available from Definition Health Club during unstaffed hours as an added safety measure;
- A member is subject to a $150 penalty fee in the event that any “Duress Pendant” is damaged or removed from Definition Health Club;
- It is your responsibility to be courteous to surrounding neighbours at all hours and keep noise levels to a minimum;
- In case of an emergency please make sure you are safe and out of danger before assisting others
- ADMINISTRATION, ATTIRE & CONFIDENTIALITY
- Definition Health Club will continue to be staffed between 6:00am – 9:00pm Monday to Friday and 7:00am – 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday. All current facilities will continue to run during the staffed hours above.
- During unstaffed times the Pool, Sauna, RPM Room and Group Fitness Room will be inaccessible, you must vacate these areas at least 10 minutes before scheduled closing time and if a member is to be found in these areas after hours, membership will be instantly terminated
- For security purposes, the Gym uses video and audio surveillance equipment to monitor the gym on a 24 hour basis. By signing this Agreement you acknowledge that by accessing the gym you will be subject to video and audio surveillance and recording. Video and audio surveillance is limited to the training floor areas only of the gym.
- ACCESS TAG
- 24/7 Access Swipe Cards can be purchased at a cost of $45.00 per 24/7 Access Swipe Card;
- 24/7 Access Swipe Cards are not refundable or transferable;
- If a Membership is transferred a new 24/7 Access Swipe Card will have to be purchased;
- If a card is lost, damaged or stolen, Members can obtain a replacement 24/7 Access Swipe Cards during staffed hours for a cost of $30.00;
- Gym members are responsible for their own 24/7 Access Swipe Cards. Shared gym access with a non-member will result in automatic termination of membership including liability of ALL cancellation fees;
- All members must bring their 24/7 Access Swipe Cards on each visit, failure to do so may result in refusal of entry;
- Under no circumstances shall a member be entitled to bring a non-member into the Gym during unstaffed hours
- An ID photo must be taken and will be used as a security measurement before a 24/7 Access Swipe Card will be administered, surveillance of identification will be monitored daily;
- If a 24/7 Access Swipe Cards is faulty a replacement card will be issued at no cost to the member upon return of the original faulty tag and at the discretion of Management
- Enquires relating to issues with your 24/7 Access Swipe Card will only be investigated and followed up during staffed hours